The judges utilize an evaluation form which is has 6 criteria. This includes activities of the municipality, business and institutions, residential, as well as the overall community involvement in each of the criteria listed above.
The Evaluation Form categories
- Tidiness Effort: Maintenance of buildings and structures, removal of litter, weeds and graffiti
- Environmental Action: Waste reduction, sewage disposal, recycling, composting, integrated pest management (IPM) and water conservation
- Heritage Conservation: Efforts to preserve built heritage; natural and cultural heritage
- Urban Forestry: Existence of long and short term planning, by-laws and standards for planting suitable trees, appropriate care practices
- Landscaped Areas: Community efforts to make plants an element of surroundings; colour, texture, regional suitability, native species and maintenance
- Floral Displays: General beautification with beds, containers and ornamental displays
See the Community Participation Guide for more information on the evaluation form.
CLICK HERE for this years Manitoba Communities in Bloom Evaluation Form